As a plumber in Oklahoma, it is important to stay up-to-date with the latest industry standards and regulations. One way to do this is by fulfilling the state’s plumbing continuing education requirements. This helps you to renew your license and keep yourself informed on any changes or updates to the industry. Here is a guide to help you fulfill the Oklahoma plumbing continuing education requirements.
Understanding Oklahoma Plumbing Continuing Education Requirements
The Oklahoma State Board of Plumbing requires all plumbers to complete 14 hours of approved continuing education courses each year in order to renew their license. Of these 14 hours, at least 2 must be in safety and health-related issues, 1 hour in business practices, and the remainder in other topics such as plumbing systems, water heaters, and sanitation. Additionally, some courses may be approved by the state board as an “ethics” credit.
Approved Courses and Training Providers
The state must approve these courses and cover topics related to plumbing codes, safety, and best practices. The state board maintains a list of approved training providers and courses that fulfill these requirements. Additionally, some organizations, such as the National Association of Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors (NAPHCC), offer courses that fulfill Oklahoma’s requirements.
Finding Oklahoma Plumbing Continuing Education Courses
There are several providers of state-approved continuing education courses for plumbers in Oklahoma. Some popular options include:
– RocketCert – This the most trusted provider of online and live seminars for plumbers in the state. They offer a variety of courses to meet different needs, including safety, business practices, and more.
– TradesmanCE.com – It is an approved provider of continuing education courses for plumbers in the state and offers a variety of courses to meet different needs.
– Plumber’s Training Institute – They offer an online continuing education program with courses that meets the Oklahoma state board requirements.
When choosing a course provider, ensure that their courses are approved by the state and cover the necessary topics for your license renewal.
Completing Oklahoma Plumbing Continuing Education Requirements
Once you choose a course provider, you can complete your six hours of continuing education. Most providers offer self-paced online courses that allow you to work at your own pace from anywhere with an internet connection.
During the course, you will learn about updates to plumbing codes, safety procedures, and best practices for working on plumbing systems. You may also be required to pass quizzes or exams throughout the course to receive credit.
Tips for Fulfilling Oklahoma Plumbing Continuing Education Requirements
Here are some tips for completing your Oklahoma plumbing continuing education requirements:
- Start early: Don’t wait until the last minute to begin your coursework.
- Take notes: Jot down important information as you go through the course to refer back to it later.
- Stay focused: Avoid distractions while taking your courses so that you can absorb as much information as possible.
- Ask questions: If you have any questions or concerns about the material, don’t hesitate to contact your course provider for clarification.
How to Get Started With RocketCert
RocketCert is one popular provider of state-approved continuing education courses for plumbers in Oklahoma. Here’s how to get started with RocketCert:
- Visit their official website.
- Click “View Courses” and select the course package that meets your needs.
- Create an account or log in if you already have one.
- Begin taking your courses at your own pace from anywhere with an internet connection.
Fulfilling your Oklahoma plumbing continuing education requirements is an important part of maintaining your license as a plumber in the state. By choosing a reputable course provider and following our tips for success, you can complete these requirements efficiently and effectively while staying up-to-date with industry standards and regulations.