The wait to receive payment for your car accident claim can feel never-ending. Going through every process and negotiation may take a long time, and thus when you sign up for your settlement release, you hope to receive the check immediately. In general, you may have to wait for weeks for a settlement check, which your lawyer will first receive and then come to you.
If you have no idea how much time it takes for car accident compensation, contact a car accident lawyer in Los Angeles.
How much time does it take to get a car accident compensation in Los Angeles?
The amount of compensation may vary depending on the damages the victim suffered during and after the accident. These can totally influence the amount of compensation you may receive.
Your lawyer is the only person who can speed up the compensation process by being an advocate for you. They will also help negotiate a larger amount in the settlement if needed.
Other parties involved in the accident can affect how long it will take to agree to the settlement. It includes the at-fault driver, the insurance company, and the other lawyers. They can also negotiate the settlement amount just like you can.
You have the right to deny or accept any settlement offer you have.
Providing evidence will also determine how strong your case is and whether the other parties involved might agree to compensate for the damages you incurred.
You have up to two years to file a lawsuit from the date of the accident. Most lawyers insist their clients file insurance claims rather than lawsuits to avoid going to court. You can file an intent to sue letter, which will preserve your right to file a lawsuit if you need to in the future. Most insurance companies have a general time to keep a claim moving, which is mentioned below.
- By the time the insurance company receives your claim, they have up to 15days to acknowledge that they have received it.
- After acknowledging the claim, the insurance company will review your claim and decide whether they accept or deny it within 40 days.
- When your claim gets accepted, they will pay for your settlement within 30days.
Even with the total time mentioned above, you may still run into possible delays after filing the claim, which is discussed below.
- To prove who was at fault for the accident.
- Reviewing the offers presented by the insurance company.
- Collect every possible evidence to support your claim.
- Negotiating with the insurance company.